Friday, January 27, 2023

Just a Day to Recoup

 I got up early and went to the beach to reserve loungers.  I thought Art could use the rest and sleep in. I wan't sure if he would even feel like going to the beach but wanted to be prepared in case he did.   I scored a couple loungers and moved them to the spot we have been going.  I was pretty proud of myself.  When I got back to the room Art got up and said he was hungry so we went to breakfast.  He didn't eat a lot but it was good to see him have something.  The meds seemed to kick in and he seemed to be doing better.  He said the pain wasn't bad unless he moved around.  That was improvement.  I was glad and relieved he was doing better.  

We went to the beach but it was a little chilly so we went back to the room and rested until the sun came out where our loungers were.  We just hung out at the loungers then rest of the day.  As the day went on I could see a change in Art.  He was fading.  He said he was tired from the day.  We did go to dinner but Art ate very little.  The antibiotics are taking a toll on his already distressed colon.  

This trip has been a real eye opener for us.  We have lots to consider. We head for home tomorrow......... hopefully all will go well.  It will be good to be home even if it isn't as warm. I will miss the warm weather. 

No comments: