Monday, January 23, 2023

We Discovered Another Pool

Last night wasn't as wild thank heavens but we did have a visitor at 1:30am.  We were woken up by a bunch of laughing and carrying on from the hall.  Then there was a loud knock on the door.  We are at the very end of the hall mind you so there is no mistaking our room.  We of coarse ignored it and they went away.  It was quiet after that.   I had a strange epiphany today.  We used to be the young people partying  and having fun, then I watched the young folks and think goodness I could be their mom and now I look at them and think holy smokes I can be their grandma. Wow where did the time go?  Such a crazy thought.  I thought about it the rest of the day.... heck I am still trying to get my head wrapped around it.  

The restaurant this morning didn't seem terribly busy so it seemed the hotel wasn't as busy but then all the loungers at the pool were taken.  The beach still had some openings though.  Art scored us loungers at the beach.  There were no umbrella's anywhere this morning.  We talked about going and buying a little umbrella like so may others have so we would  have some shade.   As the sun heated up it was hard to be without any shade so Art sat at the outdoor bar to keep cool.  It is under a hut so the heat isn't beating down on you.

More folks arrived and they have a convention going for the rest of the week so it has filled back up. 

After lunch we went for a walk around the sister property and we found a nice quiet pool with a lot of shade and open loungers.  They had soft music playing and the few people in the pool appeared to be about our age.  We were so excited.  We are going to hang out there tomorrow afternoon.  If we hang out there we won't need to buy an umbrella. 

While I was enjoying the sun, my masseuse found me and wanted to know how I was feeling today after my massage.  She said she sure enjoyed me and couldn't believe how ticklish I was.  Hahahaha I wasn't  ticklish, she and her warp speed just made me giggle.  Anyway it was nice of her to come up to me to see how I was doing. 

Later this afternoon we walked over to the barter market.  It is about a two minute walk from here and it is where the cruise ships come in.  Didn't buy anything but was nice to stretch our legs and walk.  Then we decided to stop by the grocery store.  They have a little of everything not just groceries.  They even have umbrellas so if we need we know where we can get one.  Art picked up some gin that he prefers and the hotel doesn't carry.  One of the workers came up and asked  if we are finding everything and we said yes.  At first he said he was in customer service but then after telling us about his divorce, new girlfriend and showing us pictures of his son he told us he also arranges tours and when we were done to come see him and he would give us the family discount (wink wink).  We weren't interested but did enjoy talking to him.

We had a lovely dinner at the Italian restaurant.  We decided we would return a few more times as there were several items we would like to try.   When we were returning to our room, we were in the elevator with another couple.  Neither Art nor I could pick them out in a line up meaning we had never seen them before. The guy looked Art in the eye and said  "You didn't get sunburned today.  Good job".  Appears he could pick Art out in a line up. 

We went to the show tonight.  It was Mexican night so they had a lot of traditional dancing.  The dancers were really good.  The speakers were turned up full volume and all the Mexicans in the room would whoop it up so loud you could hear it over the speakers so you know it was loud.  It was high pitched earsplitting at times.  Best part of the whole night was coming back to the room and Art (who has extremely sensitive hearing) describing and demonstrating how it shook his organs up inside.  We both laughed so hard.  I feel bad for him but his acting it out was absolutely hilarious!!!  

Storm clouds moved in early evening and it is trying to sprinkle but tomorrow is supposed to be hot and sunny again.  We are excited to go to the new pool area. 



No comments: