Saturday, October 25, 2008

Cascade

I am sitting here in beautiful Cascade this morning listening to my ipod. Don and I came yesterday. It is our last venture here this year. Tomorrow we will winterize it and not be back until spring. That is a little sad but we have other adventures planned. A friend of mine asked me not long ago why I even had a house because I am never home. Well the answer to that is simple. Don needs a place to live :).

My dear Don came home the other day and said he had looked into sling boxes so we could watch the the BSU football game in Cascade. You have to know neither of us are big football fans but we always watch BSU play. Well the game was televised on ESPN2 and we barely get the local channels on our TV in Cascade so forget any cable channels. So we decided we would go to the golf course to watch the game but then after talking it over we decided to do the sling box. You know for future watching as well. For those not familiar with a sling box, you connect a machine to your TV and you can watch your TV on a computer or laptop anywhere in the world. How cool is that? So I called the important guy (Brent) . He and the little girl went shopping with me (Brent made sure I had just what I needed) and then spent the afternoon getting it all set up for us. We really appreciated Brent getting that all done for us. As it turned out I accidently turned the power off so we couldn't connect to the sling box so we went to the golf course anyway. Leave it to me. BUT now we know what to do so we can take it with us to Mexico (yes to watch BSU play). And we know it will work because Brent went to the house and turned the power back on and yes it works perfect. We are so excited. A big thanks again to Brent for getting it all hooked up and ready for us.....and turning the power back on for us. Brent you rock!!

3 comments:

Trixie L'Amour said...

Wow! Never heard of a sling box before! But you didn't mention how the game came out???

Granelda Thudpucker said...

BSU won!!!!! Woohooo

Mrs. Doctor said...

I need to get one of those! Ok, I want one of those. How cool!