Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Good of the Day Definitely Out Weighes The Bad

To my faithful readers and you know who you are I am sorry this post is so long but you will see why.

Today has been an interesting one. It started off really fun. I watched the Little Girl (Miss R) while her parents worked. I picked her up and we went to the Discovery Center. I wasn't sure how well she would enjoy it so I decided we would stay as long as she wanted and if that meant leaving after 15 minutes then so be it. But as it turned out she loved, loved, loved it. We were there for a little over 2 hours. The Little Girl had so much fun but it wore her out. She was asleep before we even got out of the parking lot. It was fun to watch her interact and have fun.

Then home to pack for my trip to Reno with my PC (prince charming). When he arrived home, we quickly took a load to the auction. This is were my saga begins. I decided to leave my purse at home and just take my phone. After the auction we slid by Wendys. When we got home I grabbed the auction check, the Wendys dinner items. After dinner, MaryKate and the Little Girl came and picked us up. Off to the airport we went. I told Don I felt like I had forgotten something important. I had driver's license, underwear, contacts, medicine, camera.....hmmm I guess I was O.K. Don reminded me I always say I am forgetting something (and I usually do). It is almost a joke now. I usually say "I wonder what I am forgetting". This time was different I really felt I had left something big behind. Well I did. When we got to security I thought I had better turn off my cell phone. Oh NO!!! I looked at Don and told him I knew what I forgot....my phone. I left it in the truck. After talking about it for a few minutes we decided to call MaryKate. I couldn't remember her cell number (it is in my phone) so Don called Brent and he transferred us to her. Bless Her Heart!!! And I mean it Bless Her Heart. She is wonder woman. She hurried to the house, got my truck keys, and found the phone. Then she hurried back to the airport with my phone. I was so grateful that she was so darling as I put my dumb neglectfulness on her. Let me say MaryKate rocks! I got the phone and raced to the gate. I got their a minute before they started boarding the plane. Whew tragedy averted.

I was enjoying the relief of having my phone when the flight attendant brought me a drink. Great. What I didn't realize was my tray was bent so when I put the open can down to receive my eight peanuts the flight attendant was handing me, the can of pop slid right off into my lap. Spilling half of it. Oh my goodness me oh my I truly looked like I wet my pants. Well I eventually dried.

We got to the hotel with no problems and after checking in, my PC and I checked out the hotel and found were he would need to be for the conference and then before retiring we played a little three card poker. We walked away $110 ahead. Woohoo.

The good of the day definitely out weighed the bad.

2 comments:

Trixie L'Amour said...

Don't worry!!! In 12 months, it'll pay for itself! Then you can go buy some new, dry pants!!!
Good luck with the rest of the trip!

Miss Five said...

OH! I have done that...and the eventually never seems to come fast enough when you look like you peed your pants.

So glad you're safe and connected!