Sunday, January 24, 2016

High Tide

Our favorite day waiter was off today and boy did we ever miss him.   He takes really good care of us.  After breakfast, we went for our walk.  We saw a store that had round washers in the window,  Crazy... I had never seen one before.  Art suggested we go into the store.  When we walked in, I looked around at all the stuff and turned to Art and said "this is a Mexican Menards".  No kidding ....they had everything just like Menards.

Today the tide was high.  This morning the beach was covered in water.  The waves crashed over the rocks and onto the beach all morning.  The good thing about that was the water covered the beach so no vendors were out. It was cloudy and overcast today.  It was still warm though.  We got in the pool this afternoon but it was a little chilly so we didn't stay in very long.

While we were at the pool, the waiter from the Italian restaurant came out and said he had lamb chops for Art and we could have the shrimp with it.  He said I could have steak.  We would have surf and turf. I was sooooo excited because I loved that Dr Zhivago shrimp.  It is OH.MY.WORD!! Good.   I was super stoked for dinner.  We went to dinner and the waiter made the shrimp but gave it all to Art with his lamb.  Bummer!!!!  Art was good to share though.   Because the water is so high they had to cancel the BBQ.  That meant the restaurants were busier.  There were some twenty something drunks at our restaurant.   I'll just say that some people just shouldn't drink.  Oh my gosh the woman at the table next to us was Myrna and Harold's daughter..  It made me laugh and it gave me new material.  When we were leaving the restaurant the waiter told us this week they would have lobster. Yum... He said it wasn't a menu item so it wasn't available to everyone just special guests and we were special guests.  So I know what we will be eating this week.

No comments: