Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Today Was A Great Day

Today was a full and great day.   This morning while on our morning walk, we walked by the "Mexican Menards".  Art suggested we go back in and finish looking around. So we did and talk about score.  We each got more than one pair of shoes and some shirts and bags.  It was so great.  Art said he had never seen a store with a men's shoe department as big as the women's until today.   Love that store.  With the exchange rate as great as it is right now, we picked up some real bargains.

It was really overcast  again today.  It wasn't cold but it wasn't hot either.  I decided since it was so cloudy, I would go for a mani/pedi.  It was an experience for sure.  I have never had a mani/pedi like it before.  It took forever.  I started getting nervous.  I am not sure the girl really knew what she was doing.  On one hand I have 6 coats of polish and on the other 4.  On my feet....one foot has 6 coats of polish and the other has 3. Never at anytime did I get a massage or rub.  I washed my own hands. The whole thing took over 2 hours.  Mostly because she was really slow and just kept putting coats of polish on and waiting for it to dry in between.  They don't have the pedi chair like other  places have.  I just sat in a chair so I had to hold my leg up for a long time.  Don't think I will do it again.  It was surprising because the massage I got from them was the best ever and I can't wait to get another one. Go figure.

Tonight we went down to the Malicon.  It was nice, we walked all around ....even went to a couple shoe stores.  Didn't buy anything but it was fun.  Then we had a delicious dinner.  We went to the same restaurant we went to last year and really enjoyed it then so we decided to go back.  They make really good guacamole and we had awesomely good filet mignon and shrimp.  Ymmmm just the thought of it makes my mouth water.  We watched to sunset from our table and I think it was the best one yet.  It was beautiful.  It had the brightest reds.  The sunsets here are always beautiful but I think tonight was particularly beautiful.

They have a band that comes and plays. They are really good musicians but none of them can sing.  Art said maybe if he has enough alcohol they will start to sound good.  Well...........no it didn't work.  They should just play 'cause they really are good  just not sing.  I guess I shouldn't say anything because I can't sing either..........

Hard to believe we have been here for a week.

No comments: