Wednesday, January 20, 2016

No Gift Shop

Well if you can believe it this hotel doesn't have a gift shop. I have never stayed a hotel that didn't have a gift shop.  I left my sun glasses at home so we took a taxi down to the market to get some.  Art was nice to let me wear his spare pair until I could get some.  We got down to the market before the shops were open so we wandered around until they opened.  There were a ton of dogs everywhere,  There was a little place for dogs to play in the sand so a lot of people brought their dogs.  There was every size and type.  Besides sunglasses, we scored a tablecloth for our dining room table.  I was super stoked.  

One of the ladies here told me some of the vanilla at the market is poison and doesn't have the government seal so I was really leery of getting any at the market but Art was so sweet to take me to the Walmart store. Then we headed back to spend the afternoon at the beach cabana.  

Not sure what the deal is but there just isn't a lot people anywhere we go. I like it but it is crazy.

We had a late dinner today because no one told us you have to have reservations for the BBQ.  Art asked them to fit us in which they were good to do but we had to eat really late.  The food was good so that was worth the wait.  I had to laugh though because the lady sat us at a table that hadn't been cleared from the prior eaters and I had to ask for a napkin and knife.  They were great to bring it no problem, I just thought it was amusing. I guess that is what happens when you don't have a reservation.  Now we know.  We sat right at the edge by the ocean,  It was so pleasant.  It was pretty windy all day but tonight it was calm, I was so glad since we were eating outside.  Can't wait to see what tomorrow brings.  

No comments: