Monday, January 18, 2016

So Good To Be Back

Today was just a Miss Five day.  Our niece Miss Five has the best luck.  Things just work out for her.  And today, things just worked out for us.   The Buddy picked us up at 5:00 am.  I know it is hard to believe that anyone actually is up at that hout.  We so appreciated the Buddy picking us up.  He even delivered us at the door. Yep right at the door.   It was awesome. We had precheck.  Art told me we didn't so I didn't even look. In Arts defense, it was in small print and hard to read. I doubt I would have seen it if I had looked.   We got to the security point and the TSA agent informed me that we did and proceeded to show me how you know. I just thanked her and went on my way.  It was great not having to take my shoes off.  The flights were all great.  Every flight we took off early and landed early.  When we landed in Phoenix, we were so early that we had to sit on the Tarmac until a gate opened.  We were the 4th in line at customs    So we sailed through there.  Our luggage came quick and we made it through the checkpoint with a green light.  We walked right up to the taxi station and got a taxi and were were on our way.  Form the time we stepped off the plane to the time we were at the hotel it was 40 minutes,  It takes me all that when I am at the airport at home and I don't have to go though customs.

My first impression of the hotel was awesome.  The staff was very courteous and friendly.  We got checked in but our room wasn't ready.  That was ok because we were early.  While we were waiting to get helped, I had a little mini massage.  It was great!!!  Since our room wasn't ready we decided to have lunch.  We ate at an outdoor restaurant.  After lunch we returned to the front desk to get our room but found it still wasn't ready.  We said no problem we would just sit there and wait.  We were told it would be about 20 minutes.  In the meantime, I had another mini massage.  SCORE! After 30 minutes, they apologized profusely and gave us a different room.  It is really nice.  It has a full kitchen, dining area, living room, extra bathroom (a full bath) and a nice master bedroom and bathroom.  The deck is big.  It has two loungers and a table with four chairs.  I. think we will be comfy here.  We are on the 12th floor and have an awesome view.

We went to the Italian restaurant for diner.  We ordered the Dr Zhivago shrimp.  They cooked it at our table.  We also ordered steak and medallions.  The meat was good but oh.my.word the shrimp was absolutely delicious.  Oh.my.word!!!!  Art asked the waiter if they ever had lamb chops (his favorite) and he said no but he said he would ask the chef.  He left for a minute and came back with a big smile and said to come back tomorrow and he would cook us lamb.  Oh boy..... I hate lamb.  When we said only one plate of lamb he got a funny look on his face and said ok.  I think he sold the chef on the fact it was two plates.  That is ok.  I'll order it and let Art eat it.  Tomorrow's dinner will be a real treat for Art!  I was so appreciative of the waiter to even do that for us.  Very thoughtful!  The weather is beautiful.  We picked a good tome to be here.  The hotel is full but it doesn't seem like it which is great.  Plenty of places to lounge on the beach and around the pool. What a fun time ahead of us... I can just tell.  It is just all working out, just like it does for Miss Five.

1 comment:

cricket said...

Wish I was there.....have a fabulous time.